I was tagged by Girl Enters to do this fabulously festive tag, something that’ll definitely welcome my blog in December. You can read her post here. This tag consists of twelve festive questions and the people I nominate to complete it!
- Do you like Christmas?
I certainly do enjoy the holidays but was a much bigger lover of Christmas back when I was younger. I love the spirit and the energy, although my opinion would be that the true meaning of Christmas has faded over the years and has become more materialistic.
- What do you enjoy most about Christmas?
The happiness. I love the excitement and joy of the people around me, especially being able to spend time with my loved ones.
- Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?
I stay at home.
- Do you send out Christmas cards?
I used to.
- Do you go to any Christmas parties?
I visit family and we play games, eat food etc.
- Do you decorate your house?
- What tops your tree?
A little fairy.
- When do you put a Christmas tree?
It depends really. Usually around the tenth of December. Now that I am at uni, I don’t arrive home until the nineteenth so it’s usually up by the time I get there.
- How long do you leave up until your decorations?
We take them down the first week of January.
- Which do you prefer, giving or receiving presents?
Again, Christmas has become very materialistic but I prefer to give them.
- When and how did you learn about Santa Claus?
I’m not entirely sure. I think as a young child I used to watch Christmas films and, like all children, just assumed that he was real. I do believe that a St Nicholas existed at some point though.
- What’s your favourite thing to eat during Christmas holidays?
Anything I can snack on. My grandparents always bring us fresh ham a few days before Christmas, delicious in sandwiches and salads.